Ombre dal Jigoku
Kakita Dueling School
RANK 1: THE HE WAY OF THE CRANE
The study of the sword demonstrates the many ways in which the an of Kakita’s technique can be applied.
- You add twice your Iaijutsu Skill Rank to all Initiative rolls.
- You gain a bonus of +1k1 plus your School Rank to the total of all attack and Focus rolls while assuming the Center Stance.
This bonus also applies during the Combat Round following one in which you assumed the Center Stance
RANK 2: SPEED OF LIGHTNING
Enemies who are slow or weak of spirit are doomed to failure.
- You gain a bonus of +2kO to the total of all attack rolls against those with lower Initiative than your own.
RANK 3: FIRST AND LAST STRIKE
A Kakita Bushi is feared throughout the Empire as a follower of the oldest and most venerated dueling tradition in the Empire.
- You may Strike first in a duel if you win the laijutsul Void roll by a difference of 3 or higher.
- You gain a Free Raise on your Strike for each additional margin of 3 instead of 5.
RANK 4: ONE STRIKE, TWO CUTS
With one pure strike, the advanced student of Kakita’s technique cuts his opponent twice.
- You may make attacks as a Simple Action instead of a Complex Action while using weapons with the Samurai keyword.
RANK 5: STRlKE WITH NO THOUGHT
A true student of Kakita requires no thought before the perfect strike, depending entirely on instinct.
- You may take one Simple Action per Tum while assuming the Center Stance.
- You gain the benefits of Center Stance while you assume the Stance instead of the following Turn, and you may remain in Center Stance as many consecutive Turns as desired.
The Simple Action you take can be a Move Action (bypassing the normal restriction of the Center Stance)